Leo Kandinov has a long history with Robbins LLP, having worked as an analyst in the firm’s corporate research department prior to attending law school, then as a summer associate, and finally joining the firm as an attorney after graduation. Mr. Kandinov now leads the firm’s Business Development department.
Responsible for client acquisition and service, Mr. Kandinov on-boards and orients the firm’s individual and pension plan investors, maintains relationships, and ensures outstanding client support and engagement throughout the litigation process. Mr. Kandinov also leads the firm’s Stock Watch portfolio monitoring service, which affords every shareholder insights into the impact of corporate malfeasance and mismanagement on the value of their investments and preliminary advice regarding the legal remedies available to them free of charge. Mr. Kandinov worked for several years in the firm’s New Matters Group, where he identified, investigated, and drafted shareholder complaints regarding actionable misconduct. Mr. Kandinov also litigated cases from initiation through settlement as a member of one of the firm’s litigation teams. For his efforts, Mr. Kandinov has been recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2016 – 2020.
Mr. Kandinov earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of California at Davis School of Law, where he completed the Public Service Law Program. He was an associate editor for the Business Law Journal, and served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Ronald H. Sargis at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of California, and as a law clerk for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of California. Mr. Kandinov graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from San Diego State University and was Valedictorian of his class.
- University of California at Davis School of Law (J.D. 2011)
- San Diego State University (B.A. 2007)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016-2020)
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- Public Justice Foundation
- "Policing Your Pensions" at National Association of Police Organizations' 30th Annual Police, Fire, EMS, & Municipal Employees Pension & Benefits Seminar (2018)
- "Information, Protection, Justice: Recent Trends in Corporate Fraud and What Trustees Can Do About It" at the Illinois Public Pension Fund Association's Illinois Pension Conference (2018)
- "Monitoring, Alerting, Empowering: How Retail Investors Can Combat Corporate Fraud and Misconduct in the Stocks They Own" at The MoneyShow San Franciso (2019)