Robbins LLP assists individual and institutional shareholders who demand corporate integrity, honesty, and accountability by taking aggressive legal action to achieve corporate governance reform, removal of officers or directors, monetary payments in the form of damages, recovery of ill-gotten gains, and to vindicate their voting rights in connection with a corporate acquisition, merger, or similar combination transaction.
A shareholder rights action, whether brought directly or derivatively, is typically brought against insiders of the company, such as the executive officers, directors, or board members, who harmed the corporation through their wrongdoing. Through legal action asserting shareholders’ rights, a single shareholder can act on the company’s behalf to remedy these harms, strengthen and protect the company from future wrongdoing, recover for the harm caused to shareholder, and improve shareholder confidence in the company’s leadership.
Be Heard and Respected in Regard to Director and Officer Obligations and Fiduciary Duties
Our services on behalf of shareholders seeking corporate accountability have a proven track record of protecting and enhancing shareholder rights and value, holding directors and officers accountable for misconduct, and improving corporate governance at companies across the country. In our firm’s history, we have:
- Secured several of the largest monetary recoveries in the history of shareholder derivative litigation, including $70 million on behalf of Cardinal Health, Inc., $60 million on behalf of Community Health Systems, Inc., and $40 million on behalf of Sears Holdings Corporation
- Obtained $500 million in additional consideration to Unocal’s stockholders as part of increased bid of $17.4 billion by Chevron Corp., and secured a $16 million settlement fund for PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc. stockholders through a class action relating to the insiders and directors’ attempt to sell the company at an unfairly low price to its own affiliates in a going private transaction
- Retained by Fortune 1000 companies to pursue litigation against those that harmed them and to fix corporate governance structures
- Worked with shareholders to improve board oversight, legal compliance, transparency, and responsiveness at more than 125 Fortune 1000 companies, including forcing the removal of company leaders who have engaged in misconduct or fraudulent behavior
- Saved companies from bankruptcy and preserved the equity interests of shareholders
Legal Support and Portfolio Monitoring from Robbins LLP
If your portfolio has lost value as a result of any of the misconduct listed above, please contact our stockholder rights attorneys or call us for a free evaluation of your potential case at